I am not immune...
I am not immune from the advice and consequences of not following my own advice (as much as I would like to be).
As a result of starting Sumo DLs at the end of my squat cycle I have irritated my right ischial tuberosity (or SITS bone) where the hamstrings attach. This started as a very minor irritation and grew until after Monday's workout it was pretty painful. Nothing torn or bad - just irritated and painful.
Z, foam roller, ice etc... and no squats or DL until next week.
Lessons learned - Sumo DLs and me just don't get along! Anytime I work these at all they bite me back and I end up with a less than desirable result.
This is a big one...
LISTEN to your body and DO NOT push into PAIN.
Not that I was having "pain" - but as Boyle says - any answer other than NO is a yes. I couldn't say no - so something was off and I should have stopped sumo DLs after the first session.
So I will be going back to conventional pulls and squats next week and listening very carefully to my body.
- Applied Strength Products
- Geoff Neupert's blog
- Russ D's Blog
- Rifs Blog
- Dr. Mark Cheng's Blog
- David Whitley
- Alwyn Cosgrove
- Jedd Johnson's Blog
- Dan Cenidoza
- Gaby's Blog
- Rita's RKC blog (Hungary)
- Aaron Schwenzfeier's blog
- Rannoch Donald
- Squat RX blog
- Lou Schuler's Blog
- Mark Sisson's blog
- Aaron Friday's Blog
- Doug Nepodal
- Fawn Friday's blog
- Franz's Blog
- Google News
- Joe Sarti's blog
- Tim Anderson's blog
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- I am not immune... I am not immune from the advic...
- Training today - 8/27/07 Squats - 475 x 4 (belt o...
- Training today - 8/23/2007 Squats -...
- Training today - 8/20/07 Squats - doubled over mo...
- Mobility and Stability expanded... Mike Nelson ha...
- Squats - 505 x 3 - belt and wraps
- Training Today - 8/17/07 Squats - 495 x 3 ...
- Training today - 8/14/07 Sumo DL 405 x 5,5,5,5,5 ...
- Training today - 8/13/07... And the plan leading ...
- Training today - 8/9/07 Sumo DL - 405 x 5,5,5,5,5...
- Video of 315 x 1+ Bench press today - 1+ b...
- Build up sets...or How to not "warm up" for liftin...
- Training today - 8/06/07... Squats 445 x 4 (belt ...
- Training today - 8/2/2007 Squats - 495 x 2 (belt ...
- Video of 495 x 2 - belt only squats
- ▼ August (15)