Monday, February 04, 2008

Training today and Jet lag...

Hit the gym this afternoon -
Squat 405 x 2, 445 x 2, 475 x 2, 455 x 2, 315 x 3 (paused)

Bench 275 x 2 (paused), 295 x 2, 225 x 5

32 kg KB work - 5 sets of swings and snatches (various reps) with a couple sets of chins and dips thrown in for good measure

Felt good and decreasing the volume and intensity is certainly a good thing - I finished squats and bench feeling like I could have done a good bit more.

Jet Lag - I usually don't suffer from jet lag and travel issues but this trip kicked me in the pants a bit. Late night getting in on Thursday - had a high energy workshop on Friday and a private session + catching up with friends and business dinner - Saturday another high energy workshop at Iron Core and then a couple of hours to spend at the Cove in La Jolla (one of my favorite places on earth) - and then catch a red eye back to Pittsburgh by way of Charlotte and get back in around 9:30 am Sunday. A whirlwind trip but a great trip - now just need to catch up on some sleep prior to next weeks RKC in San Jose.

So considering the jet lag and work I am very happy to be back in the gym today and have a good workout.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

wow man, I am impressed. to put that weight on your back after that weekend is intense.sounds like nonstop output.get some rest!

Brett Jones said...

Thanks Rif - can't wait for the San Jose RKC! Maybe we can get a little lift in on Thursday so I can get the master's opinion on my squat and bench.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive