Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Couple of recent training days...


I was at the FMS speaker school in Chatham VA weekend before last and what an experience!
Over the years I've taught many workshops (150+) but have very rarely or ever been critiqued or taught "how" to present.
Getting a pair of Critical eyes on you to let you know what you are doing well and what you need to improve upon and what you need to STOP doing is essential and Greg Rose does a great job of this.

Upon returning from the speaker school I wanted to get a workout in...
So:
Prep - Foam roller and Ground Force Method
24 kg Get-up x 1+1 + 20 alternating swings
32 kg Get-up x 1+1 + 20 alternating swings
36 kg Get-up x 1+1 + 20 alternating swings

32 kg Strength aerobics x 11 minutes
clean + press + squat + snatch x right arm and then left arm

Now what I had imagined my workout being going into the session was bit more "grand" but my body said No.  And I listened.

Monday (yesterday)
I hit a One hour Indoor Cycling class.
Lots of fun and a challenging workout.

Today
Prep - Foam roller and Ground Force Method
Treadmill x 22 min
4 x (1 min walk + 4 min run at various speeds)
+ 2 min cool down walk

superset of:
36 kg MP x 2+2
24 kg Chins x 3
x 3 supersets


Lots of work and opportunities swirling around - gotta get my head on right and determine my path

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive