What are you reading?
I am currently reading "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker and have Steven Pressfield's "The War of Art" on deck and James Patterson's Double Cross in the hole.
"The Gift of Fear" is a fascinating look at our primal survival signals - I call it my "spidey sense" and recently had an experience that drove this home.
I was headed to the restroom (location to remain unknown) alone and as I passed by the entrance 4 young males entered the building and my "spidey sense" immediately went on full alert. And as I walked by I noticed they were headed the same direction I was headed - so I detoured to "grab a cup of coffee" on the way to the restroom and then headed back to where I had started and avoided being in a room alone with 4 people that made my "spidey sense" flair up.
Now I concider myself a physically capable person (but I avoid confromtation at all costs) and more than likely everything would have been fine - but then why did my primal fear signal go off?
Too often we talk ourselves out of listening to our primal senses.
And - have you seen the Kindle device on Amazon.com?
It is a portable "electronic book" device - looks very promising.
Check it out.
- Applied Strength Products
- Geoff Neupert's blog
- Russ D's Blog
- Rifs Blog
- Dr. Mark Cheng's Blog
- David Whitley
- Alwyn Cosgrove
- Jedd Johnson's Blog
- Dan Cenidoza
- Gaby's Blog
- Rita's RKC blog (Hungary)
- Aaron Schwenzfeier's blog
- Rannoch Donald
- Squat RX blog
- Lou Schuler's Blog
- Mark Sisson's blog
- Aaron Friday's Blog
- Doug Nepodal
- Fawn Friday's blog
- Franz's Blog
- Google News
- Joe Sarti's blog
- Tim Anderson's blog
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Visiting my folks... I'm on a little trip for the...
- The Sweet Science... A boxing analogy to the dedi...
- Missing movements... Not something people typical...
- Very annoying... I am allergic to cats - very all...
- What are you reading? I am currently reading "The...
- Couple of things missing... Some of you noticed b...
- Here is the original "Density Training" post by Et...
- Happy Thanksgiving! This should be a time for rem...
- Training today - 11/21/07 Squats - 405 x 2, 455 x...
- Surprise myself sometimes... I was demonstrating ...
- Quick training today: Squats w/ doubled monster m...
- It has been a pretty exciting and busy week... Ha...
- Training Today - 11/07/07 Squat 315 x 8 sets of 5...
- Just couldn't do it... I couldn't take only squat...
- ▼ November (14)