Thursday, August 20, 2009

MVO2 36:36 Protocol...

Prep work - Z, ASLR, Brettzel, Ankle and Hip mobilizations
MVO2 36:36 - 24 kg x 10 sets
(18 reps per 36 sec x 6 sets, 16 reps per 36 sec x 2 sets, 14 reps per 36 sec x 2 sets)
Inversion

WOW what a difference between the 36:36 protocol and the 15:15 protocol!
Grip and heart were stressed in a very different way - now I have to admit that I don't have my copy of VWC (I lent it to a friend) so I didn't test for my pace etc... and I'm not sure you are supposed to start with the 24 kg but I thought it was tough anyway. Maybe Rif or someone else that has the book can clue me in to how this little venture into the 36:36 world stacks up.

The hip and ankle mobilizations I am working on are turning into great movement prep and I might post video or pics at some point.

Off to VA in the morning to get the DVD shoots done...

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

brett

I'm not sure but I think the 36:36 was done with the 16 kg in the original study. same for 15:15 and yes it is crazy different/hard.

Anonymous said...

brett

i am looking at the book and it doesn't say in the 36:36 explanation anything re: wts used...it does give the example in the fictional KB'r story about "Thorolf" how he went from using a 16 kg that he used in the 15:15 to using a 20 kg in the 36:36because his snatch cadence was too high the second time he took it with the 16 kg..."situation excellent"(KJ, VWC)

hope this helps- later

Brett Jones said...

thanks rif - see you in a couple of days

Alan - if i ever get my copy back i'll check out that section.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive