Variety of Stuff....
Here is a great post by Dr. Mark Cheng of KBLA re: the FMS and Secrets of...series:
A belated Congratulations to all those that received the promotion to Senior RKC status:
Shaun Cairns, Jon Engum, Brad Nelson, Doug Nepodal, and Will Williams
And new Team Leader -
Cortez Hull, Dan John, Peter Lakatos, and Jeremy Layport
I look forward to working with at future RKCs.
Revisiting Lighter KBs...
A question on the forum and my recent training has me using "lighter" KBs and loving it.
I used to be of the mind of heavier and heavier work with the KBs - go heavy with a single bell and then progress on to the double bells and keep going heavier - no wonder Powerlifting appealed to me ;-)
But along came Kenneth Jay's VO2 Max protocol and I was reintroduced to the 16kg KB and learned a lot about what "heavy" means. Actively accelerating the Kettlebell with the Lat and the Hike pass and the very quick "turn around" after the hike is nothing short of magic. My hips are quicker and more powerful than ever and my conditioning is on the way up.
Now I make it a point to have a regular rotation from the 16kg up to the 32kg (sometimes the 40kg).
Now to put this in some perspective - I have completed the Beast Challenge, won the first Tactical Strength Challenge, have belt only competition bests of 518 in the Squat and 573 in the deadlift, and I am on the RED nail roster with various other grip feats "under my belt" and I find the 16kg KB to be a very useful tool. The 24kg is what I would call the "sweet spot" for me and the 32 and 40 work my strength just fine.
Light is relative of course and these numbers will need to be adjusted for the individual but don't be afraid to go "light".
Prep work - Z, Brettzel, ASLR
16kg Get-ups x 5+5, 5+5, 5+5, 5+5
16kg Goblet Squat x 10
Hip Flexor stretch
Performed a variety of Get-up variations - high bridge, overhead squat, 3/4 Get-up with a half-kneeling press etc.... Feeling good.
Go one post lower and check out upcoming workshops....
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- Training and Hitting the Road... Training today:20...
- Training today...9/27/08 Prep work: Z, Brettzel, A...
- Variety of Stuff.... Here is a great post by Dr. ...
- VO2 Max training and Workshops... Quick training t...
- 9/22/08Squeezing in the training and coming soon.....
- 9/17/08 - Training etc... Prep work - Z, ASLR, Br...
- 9/15/08... Prep course and quick training Quick t...
- Quick training and.... More Travel!! Prep work ...
- Training 9/3/08...And off to Jolly Old England... ...
- Training 9/2/08...and Updated Travel Schedule... ...
- Trainng 9/1/08 Pulled a page from my own play boo...
- ▼ September (11)
- ► 2007 (201)