Thursday, May 01, 2008

Keeping it light and Happy...

Easy training and a plan comes together
I will be hitting a combination of bodyweight and kettlebell work for the next few weeks/months.

Bodyweight Pull-ups x 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
1-arm Push-ups x 3, 2, 1, 1
Box Pistols 3, 2, 1, 1
16 kg Get-up x 5 r+L
16 kg 1 arm swings x 25+25+20+20+15+15+10+10+5+5

Pavel's Fighter pull-up program will be the blueprint for the bodyweight work - after a couple of weeks on the bodyweight pull-ups I will cycle back in reps and begin adding weight on the pull-ups. For the one arm push-ups I will work the reps a bit and then go to the one arm/one leg variety. Pistols will work a bit lower depth and then shoot for full bodyweight pistols.
KBs will cycle in weight with a Get-up and Swing/Snatch emphasis.

I reviewed Gray Cook and Lee Burton's new 2 disc DVD set - Secrets of Primitive Patterns and all I can say is WOW - great information. After taking 4 pages of notes on my first viewing I tried some of the screening and assessment tests and it revealed a lot. So I will also be working on some corrective strategies for that. For now it is only available on www.performbetter.com but maybe dragondoor.com will carry it as well.

A belated Congratulations to Sara Cheatham for achieving the rank of Senior RKC - I look forward to working with her in the future. Great to have another strong representation of the RKC School of Strength.

Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to review either my products or my services as requested in the post below.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive