Think I've found a little bit of routine for the next month+ until the AAU meet in Dec.
DL with 35# plates
Pull-ups + a set or so of DB row
Floor press or Dips
DL - working to a heavy double
Simple and to the point - intensity will be rotated and I kind of go by the feel of the day when I get in the gym but it comes from my gut once I get in there. Then I look back at my log and find I've been rotating intensity pretty well.
DL today off of the 35# plates for 405 for three sets of three reps felt great. Pull-ups will be weighted and the floor press, dips, DB bench rotation is to deal with the fact that I don't have a consistent spotter for the bench - gotta make due and bring up some weak areas while I do.
Keeping the squats in the rotation will keep those progressing but allow me to keep the focus on the DL.
As the old saying goes - "I love it when a plan comes together."
- Applied Strength Products
- Geoff Neupert's blog
- Russ D's Blog
- Rifs Blog
- Dr. Mark Cheng's Blog
- David Whitley
- Alwyn Cosgrove
- Jedd Johnson's Blog
- Dan Cenidoza
- Gaby's Blog
- Rita's RKC blog (Hungary)
- Aaron Schwenzfeier's blog
- Rannoch Donald
- Squat RX blog
- Lou Schuler's Blog
- Mark Sisson's blog
- Aaron Friday's Blog
- Doug Nepodal
- Fawn Friday's blog
- Franz's Blog
- Google News
- Joe Sarti's blog
- Tim Anderson's blog
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- ► 2007 (201)
- Something significant to say... Sit down and make...
- Traveling Internet connection, sleep, nutrition a...
- Getting Psyched!!! Do you try to get yourself wor...
- How far to push and what is a comfortable stop?? ...
- Getting basic with some great information... Thom...
- Happy Thanksgiving!!! A day to be thankful and en...
- A great article to check out: Lats: Not just for ...
- Grunting and noise in the gym... See the NY Times...
- Evidence - It's all around... Is there research t...
- Crocodile Breath - Retrain your breathing Crocodi...
- Tip on the Single Leg Deadlift This tip on the si...
- Success - just meant to happen or made to happen? ...
- Hitting the end of a training cycle Gotta know wh...
- Volume kills! Like any tool - Volume- must be ap...
- Chronic Stress from Chronic Positions... Have you...
- The Long Term Effects... Of Dead-lifting and othe...
- Squats, Allergies and Breathing... Another day of...
- Jumping Rope If you don't - you are missing out. ...
- More simplicity... Think I've found a little bit ...
- Making up some ground... I was traveling and film...
- The 1000 pound Deadlift has fallen... or rather -...
- Why are you turning the squat rack around? Little...
- It's called STRENGTH training for a reason! That ...
- ▼ November (23)