My fortune tonight...
Had a bit of Chinese food for dinner tonight and my fortune cookie had this to say to me:
"A difference, to be a difference, must make a difference."
Sounds like they stole one from Yogi - but there is wisdom here. (As there was in some of Yogi's sayings)
How many times have you changed something - diet, exercise, work - and it made no difference. Maybe you got sore for a day or enjoyed doing a different exercise - but did it make a difference. BTW - a difference for me is something that brings me closer to my goals - not variety for variety's sake.
I always tell my clients that in order to change - you must change. (another profound one eh?) But you would be amazed at people that never see any results (ie...a difference) but always have a reason. They change their routine or they never change there routine - They eat perfectly or they gave up on the "diet" they were on because it did not create a difference. Then it wasn't different.
How can you effectively target a difference with an amorphous goal like - "I want to be in shape"? Round is a shape - is that what you meant????
You must know where you are - where you want to be - what it will take to make the difference.
Goals and the ability to evaluate your progress are the keys to creating that difference.
So - are you making a difference?
- Applied Strength Products
- Geoff Neupert's blog
- Russ D's Blog
- Rifs Blog
- Dr. Mark Cheng's Blog
- David Whitley
- Alwyn Cosgrove
- Jedd Johnson's Blog
- Dan Cenidoza
- Gaby's Blog
- Rita's RKC blog (Hungary)
- Aaron Schwenzfeier's blog
- Rannoch Donald
- Squat RX blog
- Lou Schuler's Blog
- Mark Sisson's blog
- Aaron Friday's Blog
- Doug Nepodal
- Fawn Friday's blog
- Franz's Blog
- Google News
- Joe Sarti's blog
- Tim Anderson's blog
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Couple of good blogs to check out... Randy Hauer ...
- Today's training and observations... Squat 405 x ...
- How much can you train? As much as you deserve to...
- My fortune tonight... Had a bit of Chinese food f...
- A small PR today: Went to the gym today to do som...
- Feeling good and finding more reasons to love my f...
- Training observations of late... Weight, thoracol...
- Quick update and then out for the weekend.... Hea...
- Foam roller... It has taken me quite some time to...
- The Mobility vs. Stability trail... Michael Boyle...
- If I hear this one more time I will scream!!!! "S...
- If you haven't been over the Rif's blog - rifsblog...
- First day off in over a month... First real day o...
- On the road again... Getting ready to hit the roa...
- Good article over on T-nation... Christian Thibau...
- "I think I'll test myself today..." If you are pl...
- Training mistakes... Post today on the DD forum a...
- Recent readings... "The Life and Times of the Thu...
- Full Circle...another old post from the DD forum.....
- ▼ February (19)