Thursday, April 29, 2010

A little test today...

My workouts have been a bit inconsistent lately so decided I should throw a little test in there to get me going:
24 kg Windmill x 5+5
24 kg One arm swing x 5+5
24 kg RKC 5 min Snatch test - goal 100 reps
My result = 100 reps in 5:25
24 kg Windmill x 5+5

My strategy on the Snatch test was to go with 5+5 x 10 sets so that means 5+5 twice per minute for 5 minutes. I had a few seconds at the end of each "set" for the first 3 minutes then I started needing a bit more rest ending with my last set of 5+5 at 5:25.
Not bad for being that i haven't hit a good "cardio" session in months and I am wheezing like an allergy riddled asthmatic this morning.
Oh yeah and no hand damage at all - one of the benefits of switching hands frequently.
Tomorrow I think I will hit some presses.

2 comments:

Fabio FOGATO said...

My favorite scheme for RKC snatch test is: 20L+20R, brief rest, 15L+15R, then 10+10, 5+5...Try it!!!

Brett Jones said...

Thanks Fabio I'm aware of that strategy but am experimenting with lower rep ranges and frequent hand switches just for fun.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive