Getting started into the FMS...
Start with Athletic Body in Balance by Gray Cook -this book will lay the philosophical basis for screening and introduce you to the self screen.
Then the Advanced Functional Movement Screening DVD set will run you through the seven tests, how to score them and how to implement Corrective drills.
The testing kit makes it easy to perform the tests on clients or groups so it would be a good investment.
The poster set is meant as a handy reference guide to testing, stick work and corrective drills for the seven tests. (Lots of information here)
Hopefully that will answer some questions re: which materials to look into for the FMS.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
- Applied Strength Products
- Geoff Neupert's blog
- Russ D's Blog
- Rifs Blog
- Dr. Mark Cheng's Blog
- David Whitley
- Alwyn Cosgrove
- Jedd Johnson's Blog
- Dan Cenidoza
- Gaby's Blog
- Rita's RKC blog (Hungary)
- Aaron Schwenzfeier's blog
- Rannoch Donald
- Squat RX blog
- Lou Schuler's Blog
- Mark Sisson's blog
- Aaron Friday's Blog
- Doug Nepodal
- Fawn Friday's blog
- Franz's Blog
- Google News
- Joe Sarti's blog
- Tim Anderson's blog
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Getting started into the FMS... Start with Athlet...
- FMS information... After my presentation at the ...
- Held hostage by NWA and the end of the second - th...
- Training today: Squats 455 x 2,2,2,2 And that wa...
- Video of 455 x 2 squats - belt only:
- Pics of my Band squat set up and today's training:...
- Recovery and Sleep and Bands... I finally logged ...
- Training today: Squats - 425 x 3,3,3,3,3 DL with...
- Squat breath vs. Deadlift breath... During my dea...
- A highlight reel from the Danish RKC May 2007 - So...
- Training today: First day of the second - three w...
- Off to the RKC... Leaving shortly for the June RK...
- My first DL in a few weeks - quick at the l...
- Bench and DL today:Bench with Doubled over Mini ba...
- End of the first three week cycle of the Squat Rou...
- A look back through the training log... A questio...
- ▼ June (16)