Thursday, June 14, 2007

Training today:

Squats - 425 x 3,3,3,3,3

DL with doubled mini bands - 315 x 2,2,2,2,2

And called it a day - still feeling the 5x5 on Monday and a lack of sleep is making this weeks training a little tougher than it should be. DL with the bands was interesting - I doubled them around a 100# plate and then took the two strands of the band over the bar outside of the weights (I'll try to get a pic next time) - felt pretty good - just gotta play around with it.

Otherwise - I'm doing well. Just need some sleep.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Strrrrrong Mr. Jones.

Brett Jones said...

Thanks Christine - I am 4 weeks into this 15 week cycle- should be a lot of fun by the end.

Joe Sarti said...

brett, how much resistance is the double bands? as well as the total weight at the top end of the move. I am super intrigued with Powerlifting as well. With Rif as a coach and reading your exploits I am super duper curious

Brett Jones said...

Joe - I really don't have an exact measurement of the tension - On Squats and bench I am getting quite a bit of tension out of the bands - on the DL I need to tweak it a bit to get a bit more. My Monster Mini bands are on the way!
Try them - you will like them. Especially for the squat and bench.
Look for a post soon about bands.

Geoff Neupert said...

The question is, what, or who, is keeping you from sleeping?

Brett Jones said...

The who or what is keeping me from sleeping is ME - trying to do it all and losing sleep in the process. So sad I know but there it is...

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive