I actually bought two "fitness" magazines yesterday just to have a peak out at what is going on in the public or "popular" media as far as health and fitness information.
I am not impressed overall but there was some good dietary info.
More of the same (program of the month, add inches to your arms etc...) with a sprinkle of things that didn't make me shake my head.
I will look through them again and get somewhat specific later today or tomorrow.
In the mean time I saw a good NY Times article on line that I wanted to post and then ran into several others:
The first is on the importance of exercise in learning - the fourth R
Movement impacts more than the "body" - it is an essential part of learning and brain and body map development and it is being all but eliminated from our educational system. And in the mean time rates of ADD and behavior issues have been on the climb. Coincidence???
Here is one on foot pain that gives some decent information and then recommends walking as the best way to strengthen the foot:
Well - maybe and maybe not - do the joints in your feet have the mobility necessary to get benefit from walking or will it actually hurt you?
Get your feet mobile with Z Health joint mobility drills if you are going to walk (link on left - either R phase or the Quick Start Guide)
Here is an article that could become a rallying cry for all of those that don't like to exercise:
Apparently exercise doesn't change a thing??? What the hell kind of crap is this???
Did they bother to look at the dangers of leading a sedentary lifestyle????
And here is another one that will become a rallying cry of those who "can't" or don't want to lose weight:
"The research is just beginning, true, but already it has upended some hoary myths about dieting. The body establishes its optimal weight early on, perhaps even before birth, and defends it vigorously through adulthood. As a result, weight control is difficult for most of us. And obesity, the terrible new epidemic of the developed world, is almost impossible to cure."
Almost impossible to cure - is that is the message to be sending about the coming health epidemic!!???
Do some of these people think before they spew "wisdom"????
Sedentary lifestyle along with massive sugar consumption etc... eliminate those two things or change those two things and we would not be looking at an "impossible" situation.
We as a species are meant to MOVE. Period.
Well - enough ranting...
Prep work - Extensive Z, ASLR
Get-Ups alternating between 16 kg and 24 kg ladders
Get-ups to Post position (tall sit)
Repeat ladder adding in the bridge position
Z, Brettzel and ASLR to finish
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- Card Tearing Pic for Phil... This used to be my st...
- Card tearing continued... I tore 3 casino decks ye...
- Looking around... I actually bought two "fitness"...
- Coming very soon!!Rare archival footage of Bret...
- Back from Danbury, CT...off to.... I am back from ...
- A little Strength training today: DL (conventiona...
- Card Tearing Card tearing is one of the classic f...
- Better but not 100%... Quick training today Prep -...
- Quick training today... Just picked up a 16kg KB ...
- Knocked off line for a bit...And a special Video ...
- Heavy Fun... My friend and RKC Team Leader Peter L...
- Greetings from Hungary... Here I am teaching a cla...
- VERY EXCITED to Announce the release of... Kettle...
- Headed off to Budapest tomorrow... Going to Bud...
- Another Grip, Rip and Kb day... What better way to...
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2008 (151)
- ► 2007 (201)