Tuesday, March 04, 2008

More Fun training today:

Rack pulls
Low setting (below knee cap but just above tibial tuberosity)
495 x 2, 585 x 2, 675 x 0, 0

4" higher - (above the knee cap)
675 x 1, 725 x 1 (3-5 second hold), 675 x 1 (8-10 second hold)

Stiff leg DL
315 x 4, 365 x 3, 3, 3, 315 x 4

Grip was already stronger and everything felt good. Knew the lower rack position was right in my sticking point when I set it there so the goal will be to up this lower rack position pull. All these pulls were without a belt etc... Once again - fun, fun stuff.

1 comment:

Mark Reifkind said...

rack pulls are very tough. an inch can make a HUGE difference in absolute weight that can be lifted, as you just saw.some times you can pull more just a bit lower.
I saw very little carryover from rack pull to my comp dl though. great for overload and grip work too.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive