Thursday, March 20, 2008

Training and modifying...

Squats with doubled over monster mini bands
315 x 1, 365 x 1, 405 x 1, 315 x 2

Bench - competition grip
225 x 2, 275 x 1, 225 x 5

24kg KB one arm swings x 100

I was feeling pretty off when I started and actually had a miss at 405 on the squat and a near miss at 275 on the bench - gulped a 4 oz cranberry juice and then hit them both clean and smooth - Lesson here is that I will be modifying the IF to include protein shakes at intervals - especially on squat/heavy days. Or I will be going 2 days IF one day "regular" or something along those lines.

I am figuring the band tension to be 160 at the top (due to the fact that I have to put 25# plates on the 85# dumbells to keep them from floating up) - so 405+band tension is a nice overload to coast into the meet next week.


alan said...

Great work Brett!! Band work in the squat always zaps my cns so much that I can only do 2-3 weeks at a time at the beginning of my training cycle...I am really interested to see how your bench and squat goes at your meet!! Good luck and Stay Stronger!!

Brett Jones said...

Thanks Alan - I keep the volume low on the band squats for that reason.

About Me

My Photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email:

Blog Archive