Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

2007 Goals and a good article to check out on t-nation.com by Mike Boyle

My goals for 2007:
Progress towards Raw Elite total in Powerlifting - 1396# total
Squat - current (will know in a couple of weeks) - needs to be 500+
Bench - current - 300ish - needs to be 350
DL - current - 540 - needs to be 550+
Deepening my Yoga practice
Improving movement skills

Hitting the individual numbers for the Squat, Bench and Deadlift will come but putting them together into a single day of competition will be the key. So the powerlifting journey continues.

Yoga is something I need in my routine for achieving the balance I talk about in the Applied Strength philosophy. Between PL for strength, KB for endurance and power, and Yoga for mobility/flexibility I am hitting a good combo that addresses much of the Applied Strength philosophy.

Improving movement skills may involve a martial art or combat skill and/or learning to dance!
We will see what presents itself in 2007 - but the PL goal is center stage for now.

Mike Boyle has a really good article up on t-nation.com - 6 Things I Really Dislike
Lots of good info and a good front squat video using a 12" box for squat depth consistency.

Hope your New Year is off to a great start!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive