Monday, July 23, 2007

Squats Good - Bench Bad...

Squats - 425 x 5 (belt only), 445 x 5, 5, 5 (belt and wraps)

Bench - 315 x 1

Squats Good - Groove was good and deep - bar felt light. The program called for 415 x 4 sets of 5 reps today but decided to modify it in my way (which I have been doing all along).

Bench Bad - Just wasn't feeling it today...no groove on my bench and probably still feeling the bands from last monday and I had to take an Imodium today due to some stomach issues. Some days are like that...

I had pulled my right quad last Monday after attempting a sprint with some high school kids I am working with and took it very easy on it last week with lots of ice sessions - didn't feel it at all during the squats. Dodged a bullet I think.

Overall - all is well.

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

good to see you leg held up, I was worried.bench can be very very touchy.

Brett Jones said...

Rif,
It felt really good actually - thanks - and bench is very touchy and my upper body does seem to be more sensitive to daily fluctuations than my lower body. Thanks.

Franz Snideman said...

Who do you think you are Brett, Carl Lewis?

What are you doing racing high school kids? :)

Just kidding... I race against high school kids at some of the meets I do and man is it fun. Most of the time I beat them but every now and then I get beat by one.

Glad your training is going well.

Brett Jones said...

Franz - I handed them their butts a couple of weeks ago in a 100 yard sprint and it felt great - BUT I hadn't squatted earlier that day either. Fun stuff - to be the old guy beating the young kids.
hope you and Yoanna are doing great!!

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive