Monday, December 17, 2007

Another spur of the moment workout...

Played 45 minutes of squash today - for those of you who don't know squash is considered the highest calorie burn raquet sport and is comprised of a lot of quick stop and start agressive movement. Great fun!

Couple of observations - my athleticism continues to grow due to Z Health and that the Nike 3.0 shoes are not ideal for squash.

I had a chance to get to almost every shot today and surprised my opponent on a few occasions by getting to shots he didn't think I would have a chance at getting. So my speed and quickness are there but my squash skill is low (obviously since I don't play). As I was saying today - "My body is willing but my skill is lacking"

My right foot is flaired up from playing in the Nike Free 3.0 but I will hit some Z through the day and be fine. My left elbow lacks some rotation and my left wrist is sticky in some ranges lacking some extension etc...so my right lower leg is kind of bound to flair up.

Fun stuff but it might mean I will wait to squat until tomorrow but I am not sure.

4 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Sounds like fun Brett! Can't say I have ever played Squash. I've eaten it, but never played it!

Glad to hear Z is cranking up the athleticism!

Mark Reifkind said...

man we need some video of this!you know though that powerlifting goes so well with,well, powerlifting,lol!heal fast.

Brett Jones said...

I am a bit more agile than I appear! ;)

And I know what you mean about the things that mix well with PLing!

Thanks Franz

Unknown said...

Squash??

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive