Wednesday, December 31, 2008


New Years Eve and End of Year Reflection...
And a look ahead to 2009

Well - here we are at the end of the year - 2008 is closing out and 2009 is about to ring in and now is the time for a bit of reflection.
I taught a total of 22 workshops and attended two of the Z Health workshops - Included in that are 11 FMS related workshops (including a brand new Certification blending FMS and RKC), and  10 RKC or Kettlebell related workshops, and even a "tension, relaxation and flexibility" workshop.

These workshops took me to Minneapolis many times (6 or so), Amsterdam twice, Hungary, San Diego, San Jose (CA), Chicago, Roanoke (VA), Ohio, Las Angeles, and even Pittsburgh.
The Secrets of... series grew to four products and Gray and I have launched "Kettlebells from the Ground Up 2 DVD set and manual.  2009 will mark the release of Kettlebells for Power Athletes with myself and Jeff O'Connor. 

In short - it was a tremendous year professionally which does include my personal training clients and a very good year there as well.  And I am looking for an even better 2009!

Personally - I shaved my head and grew my hair back ;-)
Attending the Z Health workshops has been an incredible part of my continuing education and has brought wonderful friends into my life.
The RKC community has continued to grow and progress and includes some of my best friends and I am honored to be a part of it.

Look into reading "The Brain that Changes Itself", "On Intelligence", Einstein's Biography, Ben Franklin's biography and the Sigma series by John Rollins, "Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar..." - these are great books and had quite an influence on me this year (even if it was just fun).

I think that will do it.  2008 was amazing and I am charging into 2009 (much of success in life is simply persistence and moving forward regardless....

I wish you all the best life has to offer in 2009!  SHAKE and BAKE Baby.....

7 comments:

Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

Brett, congratulations on your accomplishments this year and best wishes for an even better 2009!

On a separate note, do you think Z could help someone with a lateral knee injury? I have a buddy down in the big easy who just messed up his knee pretty badly playing soccer.

Colin said...

Happy New Year to you Brett.

Thank you for all your help this year - some by direct response but most from your DVDs and writings.

Unknown said...

I don't understand, where are all the get-ups? How many do you think you did in 2008?

Just bustin' ya. Hope you have a great year.

See you soon,

Tim

Anonymous said...

Exactly...shake and bake, baby...:)

Happy new year Brett, see soon in Budapest...

Peter Lakatos

Adam said...

You really need to call me the next time your heading to the TC, dude i will drive out. Any excuse to get out of Minot is a good thing!

Brett Jones said...

Sean,
Yes I do think that Z could help your friend - have him check his area for a Z trainer or get the R Phase DVD.
Happy New Year

Colin,
Thank you - glad to hear I have been of assistance in some way - best wishes for a great 09.

Tim,
How could I forget the Get-ups???
Total # of Get-ups??? Can't count that high ;-)
Heres to a great 09!

Peter,
Did that just happen?
Did that just blow your mind?
Hungary in a few weeks - can't wait.

Adam,
I'll keep you posted - best wishes for a great 09!

Anonymous said...

i really want 'in' on this shake n bake joke. happy new year

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive