Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Card tearing and the start of a squat cycle...

Surprisingly my card tearing is improving slightly - I can now quarter a deck - even some very hard decks that Kevin Perrone had sent me from North Carolina. Not sure what to attribute this to since I haven't worked on it and haven't hit the grip too much in recent months. Could be just a bump from my heavy training and squatting. Whatever it is - I'll take it.

Started the pre-RSR cycle for my squat today - this can be found in the articles section of my website under the Programming for the Deadlift article. Today was 5 sets of 3 reps at 70% - I am working off of a 450 projected max so it was 315# today.
And I am going to be sore!

Feels good to have the AAU meet out of the way and to be able to put some time into my squat.

Not much else to report at the moment - the fun continues and Christmas is approaching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually I'm not that surprised Brett. You built a huge reserve with all the grip work you've done over the last few years. Letting it rest and then coming back jsut shows you how much that strength really sticks around and how little it takes to get it back.

Rif

Brett Jones said...

I agree rif - fun to have things stick - keep me posted.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive