How much can you train?
As much as you deserve to!
The factors involved in this:
What do you want to improve at doing?
Are you after results or a workout?
Nutrition: If you are not eating well - don't ask me about over-training etc...Under-nutritioned does not = over-training.
Water: If you are not drinking enough water - don't ask me about over-training
Sleep: If you are not getting enough sleep - don't ask me about overtraining
Stress: Unless you live a charmed life and have no other stress (exercise is a stress BTW) - ie...job, girlfriend/boyfriend, husband/wife, family, etc...you must take your overall stress into account - Over-stressed does not = over-trained -
it ='s over-stressed.
Training goals: Your frequency of training will depend on your goals - do you have any?
Training style: If you are a hard charger - don't expect to train everyday - at least not at the same intensity.
What do you want to improve at doing?: Bodyweight pull-ups = daily, Weighted pull-ups = 3 or so days a week - define your goals.
Are you after results or a workout?: If you just want to beat the crap out of yourself and get a "workout" in - have at it but if you are concerned with adding to your 1 rep max, or another precise goal - focus on what you need to do to get results - not what you would do for a workout.
Just some thoughts on training frequency and over-training.
BTW - you can train yourself to handle almost any training protocol - if you approach it systematically and wisely.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Brett Jones
- Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: email@example.com
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Couple of good blogs to check out...Randy Hauer ha...
- Today's training and observations...Squat 405 x 2,...
- How much can you train?As much as you deserve to!T...
- My fortune tonight...Had a bit of Chinese food for...
- A small PR today:Went to the gym today to do some ...
- Feeling good and finding more reasons to love my f...
- Training observations of late...Weight, thoracolum...
- Quick update and then out for the weekend....Heade...
- Foam roller...It has taken me quite some time to c...
- The Mobility vs. Stability trail...Michael Boyle h...
- If I hear this one more time I will scream!!!!"Sin...
- If you haven't been over the Rif's blog - rifsblog...
- First day off in over a month...First real day off...
- On the road again...Getting ready to hit the road ...
- Good article over on T-nation...Christian Thibaude...
- "I think I'll test myself today..."If you are plan...
- Training mistakes...Post today on the DD forum abo...
- Recent readings..."The Life and Times of the Thund...
- Full Circle...another old post from the DD forum.....
- ▼ February (19)
Awesome post Brett, I really appreciate the infoon your blog and I encourage all my athletes/clients to read your work.
You are making a difference everyday
Thanks Joe - hope all is well with you!
Post a Comment