Tuesday, May 26, 2009

KB Training today...

Well - it was a bit more than KB Training:

Prep - Brettzel and rolling patterns
Pull-ups (close grip - pronated) x 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 (alternate grip), 4 (alternate grip)
Handstand Push-ups x 5, 5
Various handstand attempts and holds

Prep #2 - Z 
Supersets of Get-ups and Alternating swings
Get-ups x 5+5 - Alternating swings x 50
Get-ups x 4+4 - Alternating swings x 40
Get-ups x 3+3 - Alternating swings x 30
Get-ups x 2+2 - Alternating swings x 20
Get-ups x 1+1 - Alternating swings x 10

ASLR and Hip flexor stretch to finish.

This turned into a pretty good workout and my shoulders were on fire by the end.

Now I am in the frenzy of preparing for CK-FMS - the release of Kettlebells for Power Athletes and the re-release of KB Basics for Strength Coaches and Personal Trainers as a one disc edition.   Fun stuff...

2 comments:

SG Human Performance said...

I have to say that the "prep" work is so crucial to training. If anyone out there says that they don't have "time" for prep work, I just point them to your blog and ask them to find a post when you do not do any prep work. It definitely helps to prevent injury but more important helps you to "get in the groove" sort of speaking. Was having trouble with snatching on my L side and it wasn't until I performed an FMS and began prep work on the shoulder/thoracic mobility that I found my groove again.

Brett Jones said...

Mark,
If you don't have time for prep work then you don't have time for training - it's that simple.
you are absolutely right!

this will make a good blog post actually

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive