And this is why I am listening to my body...
Marc Bartley in his own words on his injury: (sorry for the cut and paste but couldn't figure out how to make it a link)
Basically he went into the meet with a few "injuries" but as he says he was setting PRs and making progress so he figured he had one more in him. Turns out he didn't. I have met Marc and can tell you his a great guy and one hell of a powerlifter. And I wish him all the success in the world during his recovery and training.
As for me this is validation of the fact that I should listen to my body and respect my Hamstring insertion pain.
I have made great gains in my squat this year and am very pleased with my progress but it also meant that I got strong enough to hurt myself. Perspective becomes skewed when you are used to operating at a certain level. So while 445 x 5 x 5 in the DL is not heavy for me conventional it is radically different Sumo style and during the end of a very heavy squat cycle.
Information overload also came into play as I tried to lay out a good peaking cycle for the meet. I am a low rep and low volume guy and need to stick with what works for me.
Off to the Z Health R-phase certification on Sunday so I will post when I can with observations etc..
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Brett Jones
- Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: email@example.com
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Headed home for the weekend....Going home to Virgi...
- Training today - 9/26/07An odd day - got off to a ...
- Training today 9/24/2007:Fresh off the R phase cer...
- Last day of Z Health R-phase...Getting precise wit...
- Quick update from Z-Health R-phase...It has been a...
- And this is why I am listening to my body...Marc B...
- The scientific process goes boink...A great line f...
- Training today - 9/12/07...DL - 445 x 3, 475 x 2, ...
- Back from the RKC and Todays training - 9/10/07Oh ...
- Off to the RKC tomorrow...Work in the morning and ...
- Training today - 9/4/07Squats w/ doubled over mons...
- Improving and quick training from Saturday:9/1/07B...
- ▼ September (12)
I can't wait to hear what you have to say about Z Health. Have a great weekend!
have fun at z man, wish I was there with you. I bet you have some very intersting healing while you are there. keep in touch.
Me too, Brett. Can't wait to read about your impressions.
Interesting story. That injury sounds awful.
Excited to hear the Z update!
I read that about Spud's injury too--youch!! I have never met him, but everyone says he is a great guy
Post a Comment