Thursday, February 21, 2008

Training 2/20/08

Squats
405 x 1, 455 x 1, 405 x 1, 475 x 1, 405 x 1, 455 x 1, 405 x 1
315 x 3 paused

Bench
275 x 1, 315 x 1, 225 x 5 (close grip)

Squats felt great and with the improvements in my set up (bar/upper body tension and hip loading) the squats were deep and solid. I'll be sticking with a very similar set/rep/weight set up for my squat sessions but will be working my way up till the PL meet.
Also -since I was just hitting singles my recovery was much better and rest time could be shorter - this makes my lazy self happy ;)
Bench didn't come off as well - I couldn't find the sweet spot and the hand off was part of the issue - so I will have to continue to work on this.

Lots of Z - I teach a Z class at one of the places I train and then use it with my clients during the day - feeling good. And I am back in my Nike Free 3.0 shoes at work and my feet are doing well.

Still need some sleep and I am getting caught up on my emails and work before I go to the Netherlands in two weeks.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive