Monday, January 26, 2009

The road back...

Strength Training today...

Prep - Z
Pull-up +45# x 3, 3, 3
1 arm Push-up - 3+3, 2+2, 1+1 (one arm/one leg)
Pistol - 3+3, 3+3, 3+3 (+45#)
DL 315 x 5, 5
32 kg Get-up x 5 min.

There was a day (BPL - before powerlifting) when I weighed 175ish and could do a good bit more pull-ups (bodyweight and weighted), DL 3 x bw, etc... One arm push-ups were a warm-up and pistols were fun. Now at the mid 190's and APL (after powerlifting) things look and feel a bit different. Not sure I'll ever see the 175's again but I am on a road back to some of my previous strengths.
Now - I am not blaming powerlifting - it was my application of it and the obsessive nature of my squatting - no KBs and other factors that changed things for me.
As I return to strength training and eventually powerlifting I will do it in a very different way.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Back in the Saddle!

Geoff Neupert said...

Whaddya mean "obsessive nature of squatting?!" I resemble that remark...

Glad to see you on the road to sensibility. Maybe one day I'll walk it too. Until then, keep us updated on the scenery.

Brett Jones said...

Adam,
Thanks - that is the goal.

You do resemble that remark Geoff!
The scenery is pretty good so far.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive