Monday, January 08, 2007

Just a quick post (more later)...

Squats went well on Friday - 405 x 3, 425 x 3, 405 x 3 - and I was pretty much done. I made it through two sets of pull-ups and one set of dips and had to stop during the second set because I had hit the wall.

Rif and I were talking the other day about squats and recovery. He made the statement that he became obsessed with recovery. And I can understand why! The routine I am using at the moment has me squatting three days a week and I have "modified" the program. The percentages listed in the Pre-RSR and the estimated 1rm I used to get started turned out to be a bit off so I have taken the liberty to change them. Great idea!

So I have tried to hit some yoga, the far infrared sauna, sleep and nutrition over the weekend to aide my recovery.

What is your recovery strategy? Or are you training hard enough to need one?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive