Not something people typically ask themselves but the one question that can change someone's world - Are you missing movements?
Most people will answer NO - and most people are wrong!
Z focuses on this question in R-phase where you are re-learning the letters of movement. This is essential to your movement skill and health - the two are connected in case that seems like an odd pairing to you.
Imagine a watch with missing "teeth" on the gears - it may keep time but it will not be the correct time. Skipping pieces of the movment of the gears/joints results in lost time (for your joints that is...).
So - Are you missing movements?
And here is a post of mine from the DD forum today:
The question was which exercise would provide the most "bang for the buck" for a fighter - My answer:
The one that addresses your weaknesses will give you the most bang for your buck.
If the fighter is weak (but fast)- work on strength (bench press lockouts)
If the figher is slow (but strong) - work on speed (plyo push-ups, shot put, medball work)
If the fighter is soft in the core - work on Full contact twist.
If the fighter lacks movement skill - work through the FMS and Z Health.
If the figher needs conditioning - KBs.
If the fighter lacks technique - technique work (LOTS of technique work).
Address the weakness with the right tool and you look like a smart person to your client.
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Visiting my folks... I'm on a little trip for the...
- The Sweet Science... A boxing analogy to the dedi...
- Missing movements... Not something people typical...
- Very annoying... I am allergic to cats - very all...
- What are you reading? I am currently reading "The...
- Couple of things missing... Some of you noticed b...
- Here is the original "Density Training" post by Et...
- Happy Thanksgiving! This should be a time for rem...
- Training today - 11/21/07 Squats - 405 x 2, 455 x...
- Surprise myself sometimes... I was demonstrating ...
- Quick training today: Squats w/ doubled monster m...
- It has been a pretty exciting and busy week... Ha...
- Training Today - 11/07/07 Squat 315 x 8 sets of 5...
- Just couldn't do it... I couldn't take only squat...
- ▼ November (14)