Training today - 8/27/07
Squats - 475 x 4 (belt only), 485 x 4 (belt and wraps)
Bench - 225 x 5,5,5,5,5
Sumo DL - 445 x 4,4,4,4
End of the 15 week Ryabinnikov squat routine - I will be writing up an article or extended blog on how this routine went, how I modified it etc...but suffice to say I am very pleased with the results and I am looking forward to NOT squatting for a week and then begin a short peaking cycle to the AAU meet.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Brett Jones
- Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: email@example.com
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- I am not immune...I am not immune from the advice ...
- Training today - 8/27/07Squats - 475 x 4 (belt onl...
- Training today - 8/23/2007Squats - 515 x...
- Training today - 8/20/07Squats - doubled over mons...
- Mobility and Stability expanded...Mike Nelson has ...
- Squats - 505 x 3 - belt and wraps
- Training Today - 8/17/07Squats - 495 x 3 (bel...
- Training today - 8/14/07Sumo DL 405 x 5,5,5,5,5No ...
- Training today - 8/13/07...And the plan leading up...
- Training today - 8/9/07Sumo DL - 405 x 5,5,5,5,5Be...
- Video of 315 x 1+ Bench press today -1+ becau...
- Build up sets...or How to not "warm up" for liftin...
- Training today - 8/06/07...Squats 445 x 4 (belt on...
- Training today - 8/2/2007Squats - 495 x 2 (belt on...
- Video of 495 x 2 - belt only squats
- ▼ August (15)
SACRILEGE! How can you say that you are looking forward to NOT squatting?! You should be burned at the stake for such a comment!!! ;-)
At this point burning would be a welcome reprieve from squatting! ;)
This has been a great routine but man am I tired (adding in the sumos here at the end of the cycle was the straw...).
Time to rest and recover.
way to go hoss! the fact that you need a week off is a perfect indication you have peaked it right. well done.
it's all easy til it's heavy.
oh yeah, eat up, Pavel wants his money,lol.
I tried the Ryabinnikov diet once, but I couldn't pronounce it so I starved for a week until I gave up and went to Fuddruckers for a triple cheeseburger.
NOT squatting is awesome. I've been at it for months and totally recommend it as a lifestyle choice.
I'm eagerly awaiting your bench numbers, whenever you get off this 8-rep thing. Or are you just going to keep adding weight until you're pressing 495 for sets of 8?
My bad. I see you're on 5s now. 495x5 is not so bad.
Thanks Rif - a week off for sure!
Thanks Aaron - 325 x 2 is the goal for this cycle of bench - appreciate the confidence though ;)
Brett, great work! You are a Squatting Machine. The rest off should be nice.
To quote Luke Skywalker: "You serve your master (your body) well, and you will be rewarded."
Nice numbers and for sure you are getting strong Brett!
The basic applied intelligently really do work, don't they?
Thanks Keats and Franz - Simple as possible but no simpler! Basics - basics - basics...
Hey, I call 325 lung-collapsers. I've yet to include them in my plan. You're rockin.
Post a Comment