Just couldn't do it...
I couldn't take only squatting once a week! (Hello my name is Brett and I am a squat-aholic...)
So I started on the Korte 3x3 program today - 3x3 is a very misleading name for the program because the first 4 weeks are some pretty serious volume! (deepsquatter.com has the full Korte articles for those interested) The name 3x3 comes mainly from the fact that you will performing all 3 lifts 3 times a week.
Today - 11/5/07
Squat - 315 x 6 sets of 5
Bench - 205 x 6 sets of 6
DL - 345 x 8 sets of 5
If I can walk on Wednesday I go back in for something similar.
The percentages are low (58% of a projected 1 rm) this week but the volume more that makes up for it. We will see if I can handle the volume. Very different for me ;)
And now a "shout out" to my friend and fellow Sr. RKC - Rif
If you haven't been catching Rif's blog I highly suggest that you check it out - here is an individual with 35 years of experience as a competitor, coach and trainer sharing his insights - it is not to be missed.
One of the amazing things about Rif is that he ended a high level Gymnastics career because of a double knee dislocation and severe shoulder dislocation - yet he went on to compete in distance running, bodybuilding, and powerlifting. Not the best sports for a knee that has less than 80 degrees of movement and a scarred down shoulder but Rif competed and at a high level. Yet people still knock him for his injuries and "training people the same way that injured him" - Nothing could be further from the truth.
Rif's injuries have nothing to do with Kettlebells, Z or foam rolling - these are the tools that are allowing Rif to restore his lost function and what makes him such a great trainer and coach. He has "been there and done that" and is now expanding into new techniques (Z).
Haters hate and will take cheap shots where they can but I for one count myself lucky to have Rif as a friend and fellow Sr. RKC. The opportunity to learn from someone of his experience is not to be missed.
Congrats to Geoff Neupert for a successful return to the platform!
And Congrats to Aaron for pressing the bulldog and Franz for getting his program (I am reading - just not enough time to post to everyone)
And Mike Nelson - a question on the breathing stuff from your blog - are the drills I showed at the RKC in the right direction?
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Visiting my folks... I'm on a little trip for the...
- The Sweet Science... A boxing analogy to the dedi...
- Missing movements... Not something people typical...
- Very annoying... I am allergic to cats - very all...
- What are you reading? I am currently reading "The...
- Couple of things missing... Some of you noticed b...
- Here is the original "Density Training" post by Et...
- Happy Thanksgiving! This should be a time for rem...
- Training today - 11/21/07 Squats - 405 x 2, 455 x...
- Surprise myself sometimes... I was demonstrating ...
- Quick training today: Squats w/ doubled monster m...
- It has been a pretty exciting and busy week... Ha...
- Training Today - 11/07/07 Squat 315 x 8 sets of 5...
- Just couldn't do it... I couldn't take only squat...
- ▼ November (14)