Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Proved something to myself today...

Prep - Foam Roller, GFM
24 kg Get-up + x 1+1
24 kg half kneeling Bent Press x 3+3

Double 32 kg
MP x 5 x 5 sets
FS x 6 x 5 sets
Clean X 10 x 5 sets

2:45 between sets
exercises performed in straight sets
(all MP sets before all the FS sets etc...)

Stretch

set 4 of the MP was 3+1+1
set 5 of the MP was 2+1+1+1
I needed more rest between MP sets

Cleans - I added a minute of rest between sets 3 and 4
and set 5 was 5 reps at 2 min and 5 reps a 15 sec. left
again - I needed more rest

So what did I prove?
a change of activity is a form of rest
I performed this workout in a circuit fashion a little over a week ago with 3 min between sets with the exercises in a circuit fashion and it was quite manageable.  The difference in performing a set of cleans or presses or whatever every third sets is dramatic

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive