Getting started into the FMS...
Start with Athletic Body in Balance by Gray Cook -this book will lay the philosophical basis for screening and introduce you to the self screen.
Then the Advanced Functional Movement Screening DVD set will run you through the seven tests, how to score them and how to implement Corrective drills.
The testing kit makes it easy to perform the tests on clients or groups so it would be a good investment.
The poster set is meant as a handy reference guide to testing, stick work and corrective drills for the seven tests. (Lots of information here)
Hopefully that will answer some questions re: which materials to look into for the FMS.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Brett Jones
- Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: email@example.com
- ► 2018 (42)
- ► 2017 (56)
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (41)
- ► 2013 (52)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2010 (110)
- ► 2009 (156)
- ► 2008 (151)
- Getting started into the FMS...Start with Athletic...
- FMS information... After my presentation at the RK...
- Held hostage by NWA and the end of the second - th...
- Training today:Squats 455 x 2,2,2,2And that was it...
- Video of 455 x 2 squats - belt only:
- Pics of my Band squat set up and today's training:...
- Recovery and Sleep and Bands...I finally logged so...
- Training today:Squats - 425 x 3,3,3,3,3DL with dou...
- Squat breath vs. Deadlift breath...During my deadl...
- A highlight reel from the Danish RKC May 2007 -Som...
- Training today:First day of the second - three wee...
- Off to the RKC...Leaving shortly for the June RKC ...
- My first DL in a few weeks - quick at the loc...
- Bench and DL today:Bench with Doubled over Mini ba...
- End of the first three week cycle of the Squat Rou...
- A look back through the training log...A question ...
- ▼ June (16)
Thanks Brett. This is about as good as it gets for setting us up for what we need and why.
Don't forget to mention your and Gray's shoulder DVD. You know it's really good and ties in so much of the rest of the body, it carries over a lot I think.
I have the Athletic Body in Balance, I need to re-read it. Then invest in the dvd's
This is Great Brett! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks guys - let me know if you have any other questions.
Post a Comment