Monday, January 21, 2008

Training today - "the sun doesn't shine on the same dogs butt every day"

Squats 405 x 5, 475 x 3, 3, 455 x 2, 405 x 5

Bench 275 x 3, 315 x 1, 275 x 3 (paused)

Not the best day and not what I had planned - I wanted 475 x 5 but what I discovered on 455 was that my stance was wider than normal. The mats inside the cage were uneven and I ended up stepping too far to the right in order to miss the crack in the mat - didn't realize it until late in the game but hey - that's the way it goes. In the future I need to move the cage and get centered. When something feels off - it usually is. Once I made the correction on my last set if felt like an empty bar - which is how it should feel.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

nice going man -475 for 2 x3 raw is no joke. it is nice to feel how light formerly heavy weights can feel when they are down sets.

Brett Jones said...

Thanks Rif - really surprises me how I could end up in a wider stance but little changes in the environment can throw wrenches in the works.
I don't squat again till Monday so we will see how things go as I drop to sets of 3.

About Me

My photo
Personal Trainer and Strength Enthusiast Email: appliedstrength@gmail.com

Blog Archive